All hikers agree that they undertake hikes at own risk.
Take note : On certain of the hikes Rishon will not be the hiking leader. Individuals with her will form part of a greater group of hikers which is led by a qualified hiking leader.
She will not be held responsible for, and shall be exempt from liability in respect of any loss, damage, injury, accident, or inconvenience to any person and or his/her personal property. The onus is on the hikers or passengers to arrange for their own insurance for any medical costs, personal accident, personal effects whether it be damage and/or loss of same.
Before the hike starts the indemnity form must be signed by each hiker. Bring the following with you to the hike : ID nr, emergency friend or family contact number and medical aid details in case of an emergency.
No hiking fees unless otherwise stipulated.
IMPORTANT: A GOOD HIKER IS WELL PREPARED!
Important items to bring along
- Sufficient water at all times. – 450ml Victory Bottles are for sale.
- High energy snacks or eg. trailmix, bananas, apples, biltong, hard cheese and crackers. Suggestion: For energy eat breakfast before the hike eg. oat meal or egg.
- Rain gear, cold weather gear and sun gear – Victory caps and string bags are for sale.
- A cell phone is advisable – only to be used in times of emergency.
- ID, emergency contact details and medical aid number – compulsory
- Your own first aid kit with personal medication.
Wear appropriate clothing
- Footwear – genuine hiking boots or tekkies with good grip soles. Wear thick socks. Shoes must be worn in before the hike.
- Rain gear – fully waterproof raingear and windproof.
- Sun gear – full crown caps or hats. Sunblock for sun exposed skin.
- Loose light clothing that can be layered or unlayered.
Follow the hiking leader’s directions and guidance at all times
- Sign the indemnity form before every hike – anyone who does not do so will not be allowed to partake in the hike.
- Stay with the group. Do not split off. Keep the person behind you in sight.
- Let the hike leader know if you experience any difficulties.
Be fit and healthy enough to hike!